ESL Teaching Job
English Research Advisor
Welcome to Total ESL – Total ESL is the resource for ESL TEFL TESOL teaching jobs and Teacher Training Courses as well as ESL teacher resumes, ESL schools, ESL private tutors, blogs, resources, lesson plans, articles and more! Welcome, enjoy your visit and best of luck teaching English abroad
English Research Advisor
Peace Corps Response positions are open to returned Volunteers or U.S. citizens with significant professional and technical experience.
Two Peace Corps Response Volunteers are needed to serve as English Research Advisors for the University of Rwanda. A partnership between the University of Rwanda and Peace Corps has existed since 2015. There is a pressing need to expand the partnership to research and capacity-building activities. Many of the staff in the center for language enhancement are junior researchers/lecturers who need the expertise of experienced researchers/lecturers to share experiences, guide them and partner with them in research activities that will help them gain knowledge and experience to successfully deliver and advance in their academic career as well as improved teaching by lecturers and researchers.
English Research Advisors with a PhD in English-related fields and experience in higher learning, research and producing publications are needed to build the capacity of university lecturers/junior staff on research methodologies and writing and publishing academic/journal articles. The volunteer will:
• Share knowledge and expertise related to English language teaching/learning through regular professional development activities such as lecturing, seminars and workshops
• Involve and advise staff in designing and carrying out research projects
• Update and advise junior staff in developing and updating teaching materials
• Train staff in research methodology in the areas of teaching and learning in higher education, English language teaching/learning etc.
• Train and coach staff in writing academic/journal articles for publication
• Partner, train, mentor and advise staff in writing and publishing research articles
The goal of this assignment is to increase capacity of university lecturers/junior staff in the area of research and getting articles published.
University of Rwanda
• PhD in a field related to English teaching and learning such as English education, English communication, education, etc.
• At least two years of experience teaching English in a higher learning institution
• Experience in conducting research activities including publishing academic articles and other publications
• Experience in applying assessment strategies and developing appropriate project design
• Ability to quickly adjust and work with staff, students and faculty of diverse backgrounds
• Demonstrated collaboration with people of various backgrounds and abilities
Medical Considerations in Rwanda
- Rwanda may not be able to support Volunteers with the following medical conditions: cardiology; dermatology; gastroenterology; some types of gynecologic support; insulin-dependent diabetes; requiring a psychiatrist for psychotropic medications support; mammography; seizure disorder; urology; ongoing counseling.
- The following medication(s) are not permitted for legal or cultural reasons: none identified.
- Volunteers who should avoid the following food(s) may not be able to serve: none identified.
- After arrival in Rwanda, Peace Corps provides and applicants are required to have an annual flu shot, to take daily or weekly medication to prevent malaria, and to receive mandatory immunizations.