Welcome to Total ESL – Total ESL is the resource for ESL TEFL TESOL teaching jobs and Teacher Training Courses as well as ESL teacher resumes, ESL schools, ESL private tutors, blogs, resources, lesson plans, articles and more! Welcome, enjoy your visit and best of luck teaching English abroad
Experienced & Certified teacher of ESL/ ICT/ Math/ PE
Hello, I hope this letter finds you in good health.
My name is Eddie Chang. I am an energetic, friendly and responsible teacher with experienes in teaching ICT, ESL, Math and P.E. I have a Bachelor of Science Degree from Eastern Oregon University, with minors in Computer Science and Physical Education. Course work included demonstrating and teaching various popular school sports, taking videos, and submitting to the professors and peers for critique. In addition, I have certifications in Microsoft, Novell, TESOL, and others listed below.
Since 2002, I have taught English, Computer Science, Math and P.E. in USA, China, Russia, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Estonia, Romania, Slovakia and Albania. I speak fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin. I speak Russian at intermediate level. Through the years, I have acted in commercial film and TV ad, choreographed and performed Salsa and Swing dance on stage, performed singing on stage to an audience of hundreds, judged national dance competition, won dance competitions in U.S., taught Ballroom Dancing, taken Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Chinese Martial Arts, attended courses in Digital Media, Video Production, Digital Video Editing, 3D Animation, Yoga, Massage... etc. Additional interests: nutrition, exercise, natural health... I am a non-smoker and non-drinker.
Below is a brief outline of my certifications and skills:
- Completed “Advanced Placement Calculus”, “Advanced Placement Chemistry”, “SAT Math” and “GED Math”
on Aleks.com by McGraw Hill.
- TESOL certificate (175 hours on-site) from Transworld Schools in San Francisco, California, USA.
- Taught various subjects in 9 countries (US, China, Russia, Europe) since 2002.
- Native level English, passed C2 Level (highest level) at official Cambridge English test site.
- Fluent in Cantonese, advanced Mandarin, intermediate Foochowese and Russian.
- Cast as lead singer/dancer in stage production of musical “Grease” at International school.
- Microsoft and Novell engineer certifications.
- Familiar with video/audio/photo editing packages such as Premiere, Photoshop and freeware equivalents.
- Physical Education teacher certification (National Federation of State High School Associations).
- Taught at summer camps.
- STCW-95 Certification (Global requirement for shipboard employment).
- Pharmacy Technician certification (PTCB).
- New York State Licensed Real Estate Agent.
- Performed judging at national dance competition, taught dance professionally, won competitions internationally.
- Acted in commercial film and TV commercial internationally.
- Choreographed, danced and sang on stage internationally to audience of hundreds.
- Completed workshops on video production, video editing, computer animation, etc.
- Completed courses in Karate, Tae Kwon Do, and Chinese Martial Arts.